Hotel in Old Harlow, Essex
The Churchgate Hotel is set in landscaped gardens, complemented by the picturesque conservation village of Churchgate Street Village, Old Harlow, Essex, yet close to the M11, M25 and Stansted Airport, making it an ideal venue for both business and leisure guests. This charming country house hotel was built around a 17th century Chantry House.
Our Manor Restaurant is located in the oldest part of the hotel and still retains many of the original features. Our chefs demonstrate great flair and imagination in their dishes, serving you a choice of fantastic courses.
When staying at the hotel you can take full advantage of the free leisure facilities which include a large heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, sun bed, small gymnasium and relaxing beauty treatments.
With so many other facilities at the hotel, including excellent conference and wedding venues, the Churchgate Hotel really does provide the perfect mix of business and leisure.
New! 15th Feb, Churchgate is now offering spray tan. This can be for individuals, or organise a tan party! for more information, call the hotel on 01279 420 246 or click here
London Southend Airport has added various new routes to its portfolio and with the Churchgate Hotel being only 38 miles from the airport. The hotel is in the perfect location for stopovers to the London, Essex and the Hertfordshire area!
- Check-in: 2:00 pm
- Check-out: 11:00 pm
- Parking: Free
- Pets: We are happy to welcome assistance dogs free of charge
- Wi-Fi: FREE, available to all of our resident guests
- FREE use of the hotel's leisure club for our guests
MEETINGS & EVENTS
- 85 bedrooms and suites
- Private en-suite bathrooms
- Family rooms with fold down bunk beds available
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Iron, ironing board and trouser press
- Function room for up to 160 guests
- 8 function and meeting rooms
- Air conditioning in most rooms
- Natural daylight in all rooms
- Function bars in two rooms
- Weddings, banquets and conferences
- Free car parking
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS & EVENTS
- Leisure club – indoor swimming pool, gym, sauna, Jacuzzi and beauty treatments
- Conference rooms
- Landscaped gardens
- Easy access to London, M11 & M25
- Close to London Stansted Airport
- Duxford Imperial War Museum
- Hatfield Forest
- Audley End House, Saffron Walden
- Lakeside and Bluewater Shopping Centres
I was attending a concert in The Harlow Playhouse and was looking for overnight accommodation close by. I chose this place as it was only a three minute drive from the Playhouse and it turned out to be a very good choice. Maybe the hotel was a bit tired, but it was in a very pretty location, it felt like we were in the countryside. We were at the bottom of a road full of beautiful half-timbered and Georgian houses ...... and the local pub. Very picturesque. There was also a beautiful indoor swimming pool. Very light and bright and airy, with access to the outside and sunbeds. Also, I was staying in a single room, which means you often get the dregs. This was a lovely big room with a full size bathroom .... and full size bath! Not a thing you often get in budget, single rooms!! I would definitely stay there again.
Maisie G, TripAdvisor, 11th August 2013
Icons underlined below offer more information when clicking on the link.