Hotel in Carlisle, North West England
Located just one and a half miles from Carlisle city centre is the Carlisle Swallow hotel. This warm, friendly hotel is the ideal base for exploring the Lake District, Hadrian's Wall and the picturesque Scottish Borders.
When it's time to unwind after a day's exploring, our leisure club provides the perfect opportunity to relax. The club offers you free use of the indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa and gymnasium.*
Dining is available in our Fairfield lounge bar, which serves afternoon tea daily and a variety of light snacks and meals throughout the day. The bar is also an ideal setting in which to enjoy a relaxing pre-dinner drink before retreating to our Langdales Restaurant, where you'll be served a range of fine, freshly prepared seasonal dishes. We also offer you a great selection of fine wines to perfectly complement your meal.
Our friendly staff is always on hand to make your stay both comfortable and relaxing, providing you the very warmest of welcomes and exceptional service throughout your stay.
- Check-in: 2:00 pm
- Check-out: 11:00 am
- Smoking: Non-Smoking
- Parking: Free
- Small Dogs: allowed for a charge
- FREE Wi-Fi: available throughout the hotel
- 92 bedrooms and suites
- Private en-suite bathrooms
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Iron, ironing board and trouser press
- Colour TV with Freeview
- Disabled Access
- Leisure club with swimming pool, sauna, spa, steam room and gym
- Largest function room in Carlisle
- High standard of wedding venue
- Langdales Restaurant
- Fairfield Lounge and Bar
- Free car parking
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS & EVENTS
MEETING & EVENTS
- Gretna Green is a nearby village in the south of Scotland famous for runaway weddings
- Hadrian's Wall was a defensive fortification in Roman Britain
- 7 minutes from M6 motorway
- 7 minutes from Sands Centre
- 30 minutes way from The Lake District
- Carlisle Cathedral and castle
- Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery
- Bitz Park for Live Events
- The Lanes Shopping Centre
- Gretna Outlet Village
- Scottish Borders
- Carlisle-Settle Railway
- Westcoast Cumbria
- 2 miles from the M6 and all major access routes
- Conference facilities available for 5 - 500 delegates
- Banqueting suites for 5 - 350 people
- Free car-parking for 200 cars
- Wireless internet access
- Disabled facilities in main suite
- Full provision of audio/visual equipment
- Helicopter landing area
- Hotel offers a range of live events
- Annual Blues Festival
Recent work within the hotel has seen the replacement of carpets in all bedroom corridors, public walkways and staircases, our large function room, restaurant and bar. Redecoration of our leisure club has also been completed adding to the overall look and feel of the property, and contributing to our aim of always striving for improvement.
Please note that towels can no longer be provided for use in our leisure club. We apologise for any convenience this may cause.
We had a DB&B break - great value when you consider we had use of pool,sauna and gym - walk to town is about 10 mins. Good food for both dinner and breakfast - hot and fresh. Service from all staff was excelent and very friendly.
DrewRobdobs, TripAdvisor, 14th April 2013
Icons underlined below offer more information when clicking on the link.