Hotel in Ipswich, Suffolk
Situated within nine acres of grounds, the Belstead Brook Hotel is ideally located in Ipswich, the beautiful country town of Suffolk, East of England, on the estuary of the River Orwell. The original 16th century hunting lodge is still very much at the heart of the hotel, housing our restaurant, bar and private dining rooms.
The hotel is conveniently located two miles outside Ipswich town centre and waterfront, and within easy access of the A12 & A14. Ransomes Europark, Futura Park and Adastral Park and all under 20 minutes away.
This warm, friendly hotel is an ideal base for exploring the Suffolk coastal towns of Aldeburgh and Southwold, Constable Country, the famous Suffolk wool villages and many other attractions in and around East Anglia. Ipswich train station is only two miles away with direct trains to London's Liverpool Street station.
The hotel also offers you a choice of garden rooms and impressive suites for that extra special occasion. The Manor Restaurant offers an intimate setting for dining and provides exquisitely prepared seasonal menus complemented by a selection of fine wines.
During your stay you can enjoy FREE use of the hotel's leisure club, which has an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room, providing a perfect setting in which to relax and unwind. Our gym offers great facilities and is well equipped to offer a good workout session to kick start your day.
The purpose built conference and banquet facilities can accommodate up to 200 guests, and with our dedicated wedding and conference coordinators the hotel is the ideal place to host your next event. Our civil ceremony license has made it popular to hold both the wedding ceremony and celebration at the hotel, with the picturesque gardens and brook proving ideal for photography.
Congratulations to Belstead Brook who have been awarded Certificate of Excellence 2013 by TripAdvisor!
- Check-in: 3:00 pm
- Check-out: 11:00 am
- Parking: Free
- Pets allowed: only assistance dogs
- Wi-Fi: Free in public areas
- Extensive gymnasium
- Indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room and solarium
- Blissful Spa
- Restaurant, bar and room service
- 88 en-suite bedrooms and suites
- Freeview TV
- Private en-suite bathrooms
- Iron, ironing board and trouser press
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Executive rooms, garden rooms and suites available
- Family rooms available
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS & EVENTS
MEETING & EVENTS
- Nearby the New Wolsey Theatre and the Regent Theatre
- Close to the River Orwell
- Excellent train links for visiting Cambridge and Norwich
- Revitalised Ipswich Waterfront
- Dedham Vale and Constable Country
- Suffolk Coast; Aldeburgh, Felixstowe and Southwold
- Snape Maltings and Sutton Hoo
- Bury St Edmunds, Colchester Castle and Zoo
- Jimmy's Farm
- Portman Road Stadium
- The Willow Suite caters for up to 200 delegates
- Function bar, stage and private lawn
- 8 additional function and meeting rooms
- Natural daylight in all rooms
- Weddings, banquets and conferences
- Proximity to intersection of A12 and A14
We visited here over the May Bank Holiday. This was our second stay after a gap of six years. Much to our delight nothing seems to have changed. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The rooms were great, breakfast and dinner excellent. My most vivid memory from our last stay was the magnificent wood panelling in the first part of the dining room. If anything the grounds were even better than before. We left determined to return much sooner than before
Jockberks trip advisor comment May 2014
Icons underlined below offer more information when clicking on the link.